Here, you can see information about our current Headquarters and Expatriate (field based) vacancies. The application procedure is confirmed for each vacancy but is generally via submission of an updated CV and letter of application to firstname.lastname@example.org. As we have many applicants and multiple positions, please ensure that you submit your application including the specified job code in the email subject line. Once your application has been received in our recruitment inbox, you will receive an auto-reply email confirming receipt.
Journalist and Press Consultant
Summary of job:
Freelance journalist og presseansvarlig til hjælpeorganisation
Du har flere års erfaring med journalistik og pressehåndtering. Du arbejder enten som individuel freelancer eller som en del af et eksternt bureau. Din portefølje og erfaring omfatter tidligere arbejde ved humanitære hjælpeorganisationer.
Mission Øst søger en dedikeret freelancer til at yde support inden for journalistik og pressehåndtering til vores hovedkvarter i Danmark.
Som freelance journalist og presseansvarlig vil du engagere flere danskere i Mission Østs udviklings- og nødhjælpsarbejde:
- Du vil være redaktør og hovedansvarlig for produktionen af Mission Østs magasin, som udkommer tre gange om året. Magasinet sendes til støtter og medlemmer.
- Du vil være pressekontakt og maksimere Mission Østs pressedækning og adgang.
I dagligdagen samarbejder og sparrer du med vores engagementteam. Teamet er ambitiøst og fagligt stærkt med fokus på fundraising, kommunikation og medlemsfastholdelse.
Den ideelle kandidat har:
- Journalistisk tæft og stor erfaring med pressearbejde. Det er en fordel, hvis du har erfaring med danske medier, herunder dem med affinitet til Mission Østs organisationsværdier.
- En portefølje med dokumentation på materiale relateret til humanitær nødhjælp og udvikling, ideelt set fra en internationalhjælpeorganisation.
- Forståelse for Mission Østs arbejde; en dybdegående forståelse for humanitær bistand og udviklingsbistand ville være en fordel.
- Forståelse for Mission Østs supporterbase, og hvad der motiverer personer til at støtte Mission Østs arbejde.
- Fremragende og engagerende skriftlige kommunikationsevner og evne til at tilpasse stil, så den passer til en bred vifte af støtter.
- Tidligere redaktionel erfaring.
- Fremragende dansk sprogkundskaber (modersmål standard) og flydende i skriftlig og mundtlig engelsk.
- Sympati for Mission Østs organisatoriske værdier.
- Værdi for pengene.
- En længerevarende stilling (op til 2 år).
- En gennemsnitlig arbejdsbyrde på 25 fakturerbare timer om måneden.
- Fleksibel arbejdstid og -sted efter gensidig aftale.
PROCES FOR INDGIVELSE AF BUD:
- Deadline for afgivelse af bud: mandag den 17. april 2023 kl. 12.00.
- Alle bud vil blive vurderet efter denne deadline, og samtaler kan arrangeres til at finde sted den 19. april 2023.
- Opstart: Gerne fra maj 2023.
- Mission Østs hovedkontor Adresse: Sankt Lukas Vej 13, 2900 Hellerup
Hvis du har spørgsmål til stillingen, er du velkommen til at kontakte:
- Digital Media and Communications Officer Karen Krag på email@example.com
For mere information om jobbet og den fulde jobbeskrivelse, se: https://missioneast.org/current-vacancies .
The submitted tender package must include:
• The complete offer with total prices and relevant details – in ENGLISH
• Part 1 of the Supplier Due Diligence Form – completed, signed and stamped, confirming that the supplier does not match any of the exclusion criteria (this is included as Annex 1 of the Invitation to Tender and ToR)
• (for companies) A copy of the company’s registration document
• CV(s) of named individuals within the bid – this may be submitted in DANISH or ENGLISH
• Proof of past successful services / works, including 2 journalistic articles – these may be submitted in DANISH or ENGLISH
Specific requirements for tenders:
• Prices should be given in DKK
• Offers must be valid for: at least one month.
Tenders which are incomplete or not submitted as described above will be excluded. Suppliers are requested to present their best offer in their initial tender.
Humanitarian Programme Manager
Summary of job:
Mission East is looking for a new Humanitarian Programmes Manager to join our team. Ideally the individual will be field based (Beirut, Lebanon – provisionally either hosted or seconded to a partner organisation) but reporting in to our HQ International Director. Working as a peer within our strong and dedicated team of HQ Programme Managers, the Humanitarian PM roles purpose is to maintain and further develop Mission East’s capacity to engage in humanitarian relief responses.
As Humanitarian Programmes Manager in Mission East, you will travel to Mission East’s other international programmes locations (including Syria, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Nigeria), as required. With key tasks and responsibilities which include strategic development of Mission East’s humanitarian response capacity, humanitarian project management and involvement in new responses the role will also contribute to learning and improvement.
You will have:
- An advanced university degree (Master's degree or equivalent) in political science, social science, international studies, public administration, economics, engineering, earth sciences or a related field is required.
- Solid (a minimum of 5 years) experience from the humanitarian sector, including in humanitarian programming, grants management, and relevant field experience.
- Humanitarian experience in the field (actual setting where a mission and/or project is being implemented) in emergency situations (complex emergency or natural disaster) is required.
- Experience in management of development and/or relief programmes, including program cycle management, training/mentoring humanitarian teams, grant management and budget management.
- Demonstrable track record in humanitarian donor relationship management, proposal writing and reporting.
- Experience within DRR / anticipatory action or similar.
- Experience working with local partners and agencies, including training and capacity building.
You will also display:
- Demonstrable expertise in humanitarian affairs, emergency preparedness, crisis/emergency relief management and the humanitarian architecture, e.g. cluster work. An innovative mindset and strong interest in pursuing locally led and smart humanitarian programs as well as other 'new' approaches to better aid such as cash based- or data driven programming.
- Awareness of humanitarian quality standards (Core Humanitarian Standard, SPHERE, Red Cross Code of Conduct, and others).
- Solid project assessment, design and management skills.
- Strong networking skills and ability to pursue objectives through engagement with stakeholders across the humanitarian sector.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity, and able to work with colleagues and partners with diverse skill levels, language levels and perspectives (often through remote communication).
- Ability to thrive on a variety of tasks; with making decisions and setting a direction for a team, while also engaging proactively and flexibly in a high degree of cross team collaboration.
- Strong problem-solving abilities, strong logical analysis skills and a constructive attitude.
- Ability to self-motivate and work independently.
- Fluency in spoken and written English. Danish and additional languages relevant to Mission East’s geographies would be an asset.
- Sympathy with Mission East’s organisational values.
- A full time role, fixed term to 31-12-2025.
- Competitive terms, including (where based internationally) eligibility for additional support and allowances as necessary for fulfilment of the role.
- Opportunity to become part of an organization in an exciting stage of its development.
- If you have any questions about the position, please feel free to contact Peter Drummond Smith at PDS@missioneast.org
*Application deadline: 3rd April 2023 at 12.00hrs.
*A first screening interview is expected to be held on Thursday 6th April 2023.
*Joining: As soon as possible.
*HQ Address of the employer: Sankt Lukas Vej 13, 2900 Hellerup, Denmark
Human Resources Team Leader
Summary of job:
A hands-on HR professional who thrives on variety and international working.
As an HR generalist, you thrive on the variety of an HR management role in an international organisation. With an eye for detail, you bring a good sense of humour and a passion to work in a dynamic and multi-cultural environment. You’re committed to delivering a professional, timely and supportive HR service and to uphold Mission East’s organisational values. And you can balance sensitivity and discretion with approachability to build an atmosphere of mutual trust.
Mission East is looking for an HR Team Leader to deliver our HQ HR service and supporting our global HR. Bringing HR experience in the international relief and development sector, you will lead our HR team and be hands-on in delivering across a range of HR focus areas, including:
- HR Team Management and Coordination – you’ll line manage HR team staff and coordinate HR work across HQ as well as supporting global HR.
- Recruitment, Retention and Reward – you’ll manage our HQ-led recruitment, contracting and reward processes, so that we attract, onboard and then retain a fantastic staff team.
- HR Information and Systems – you’ll make sure our files and approaches are compliant with legislation and that HR information and systems contribute to efficiency and good decision making.
- Wellbeing Support – you’ll support organisational wellbeing delivery and initiatives across the organisation.
- Learning, Quality and Standards – You’ll advise, contribute and continuously improve our HR provision, as well as supporting colleagues in a range of tasks and responsibilities supporting good people management.
By joining Mission East, you will become part of an organization which prioritises being a vibrant, agile, efficient and impact-focussed organisation which learns, develops and improves. We want to attract and retain engaged, talented and values-led individuals to be part of a flourishing organisational culture.
So do you share our vision to see thriving and empowered people and communities who have lifted themselves out of poverty and marginalization? Are you motivated to contribute to something extraordinary? Yes? Then look no further!
- You’re an experienced HR professional with commitment to delivering a professional, timely and supportive HR service.
- You thrive on a varied role in a flexible environment and where you can prioritise, plan and delegate.
- You are enthusiastic and professional with a positive approach and a high degree of self motivation.
- You demonstrate personal integrity, compassion and discretion and have an ability to inspire confidence and motivate others.
- You have excellent relationship-management, teambuilding and interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate clearly and appropriately across all levels of the organisation, whether face to face or in remote-working contexts
WE ARE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO HAS:
- At least 3 years relevant experience in a senior HR management position in an international relief and development organisation.
- An education to degree level or above and a professional qualification in Human Resource Management.
- Proven people management experience.
- Excellent English and Danish communication skills, both orally and in writing
- Willingness to travel as part of the role – to Mission East’s Brussels office and occasionally to our field office locations.
- Sympathy with Mission East’s organisational values and an ability to implement HR management solutions which exemplify and support demonstration of these values.
• A versatile job with great opportunities to plan your own time and contribute ideas.
• An organization in development and with short decision-making processes, so that you yourself can help shape solutions and see them unfold in practice.
• Good and talented colleagues who appreciate a fun and informal tone of conversation and a good team spirit.
• Possibility to occasionally work from home.
• A permanent full-time position of 37 hours/week (incl. lunch) with pension scheme and health insurance.
If you are in doubt as to whether you match on all points or want to discuss the option of working slightly fewer hours than full time (0.8), contact us anyway.
If you have any questions about the position, please feel free to contact:
• Nicki, our HR Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit your CV and a letter of application by email to Recruitment@missioneast.org, quoting 23-02HQHR in the email subject line.
• Application deadline: Monday, 20 March 2023 at 12.00hrs. The first interview round is expected to be held on Thursday, 23 March 2023.
• Joining: From 15th May 2023.
• Address of the workplace: Sankt Lukas Vej 13, 2900 Hellerup