Here, you can see information about our current Headquarters and Expatriate (field based) vacancies. The application procedure is confirmed for each vacancy but is generally via submission of an updated CV and letter of application to firstname.lastname@example.org. As we have many applicants and multiple positions, please ensure that you submit your application including the specified job code in the email subject line. Once your application has been received in our recruitment inbox, you will receive an auto-reply email confirming receipt.
Result & Value driven Engagement Director
Are you honestly passionate about helping people who need it most in the world, and can you provide proof of earlier successes in raising awareness and engagement to your cause?
Do you have a solid experience in raising individual and private funds, and a good understanding of digital marketing and supporter journey? Can you lead the production of our Magazine and contribute with a sharp pen?
And do you enjoy unfolding your team's potential, leading with clear priorities?
Then, you may be our new Engagement Director!
Mission East is an international relief and development organisation working in crisis-affected countries in the former Soviet Union, the Middle East, Africa, and Asia. We deliver emergency relief during disasters as well as long-term development assistance. We work to support vulnerable people and help local communities lift themselves out of poverty and marginalization through our country offices or through local and international partners.
Your main objectives will be to:
- Optimise income and engagement at all stages of the supporter lifecycle and journey.
- Recruit new donors across a wide diversity of current and new channels.
- Enhance visibility and recognition of Mission East’s work by improving its brand awareness and reach within our traditional supporter base and beyond.
- Lead the publication of our magazine.
- Organize regular fundraising and awareness raising events.
- Lead and manage the engagement team.
As Director, you will be part of the Senior Management Team, and assume Public Relations in close cooperation with the Secretary General.
Your tasks will include:
Leadership & Strategy
- Coordinate the Engagement team’s work with other Mission East teams, maintain and disseminate the engagement strategy and plans to the wider organisation.
- Participate in the Senior Management Team.
- Develop and oversee the Engagement budget ensuring good value for money and effective stewardship of Mission East’s resources.
- Monitor and evaluate campaigns efficiency and effectiveness and adjust plans as required.
- Provide day to day management and clarity of roles, professional sparring and support the capacity development of your team and its members.
- Develop and maintain a work environment that supports the team’s and individual wellbeing.
- Manage external providers.
- In close collaboration with your team and the International Team, identify and develop potential fundraising, foundations and communications projects, engagement opportunities (events), and coordinate fundraising campaigns.
- Identify new supporter segments and develop and implement outreach strategies.
- Coordinate and oversee the Engagement team’s effort incl. branding, digital marketing and communication, and supporter relations.
- Ensure publication of 3 magazines per year including writing articles and production of the annual report.
- Public Relations, identify and engage in private sector partnership and private foundations, and participate in relevant networks.
- Plan and deliver exhibitions and events that build brand visibility, stakeholder loyalty and engagement.
You’ll also be responsible to ensure that the whole engagement work is based on good fundraising and communications practices and is in compliance with legislative requirements, ethical standards, and quality frameworks.
You can request Mission East’s Engagement Strategy by mail at: email@example.com.
We expect you to demonstrate:
- Substantial communication and fundraising experience form similar positions, preferably in an NGO, with solid knowledge of digital marketing and successes in creating awareness and generating leads and donations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, being able to engage people – internally and externally, as well as back-stopping on style and tone in the written communication of the organisation. Fluency in spoken and written Danish and English.
- Ability to write articles and experience in producing magazines or other print media.
- Experience in planning and coordinating events and other public engagements as well as speaking in public.
- Personnel management skills with proved ability to delegate, follow-up and support people.
- Experience of strategy and budget responsibility.
To succeed in this position, it is also good to:
- Be data-driven and confident in using numbers from CRM or other systems.
- Be proactive and results-oriented, thrives with ambitious goals and deadlines, and capable to prioritize and juggle competing priorities.
- Thrive in a leadership role where you think strategically, identify opportunities, generate ideas, delegate, and deliver on own hands-on tasks.
- Understand legislative requirements and standards that apply to the fundraising and communications sectors (e.g. GDPR and donor guidelines).
- Have a higher education in communication or marketing.
Lastly, it is an advantage if you show:
- Commitment to Mission East’s values and knowledge of our core supporter base as well as a good connection with members, supporters, suppliers and agencies.
- PR experience.
- Some knowledge of fundraising and supporter systems and logic.
Mission East’s values: https://missioneast.org/en/our-values
- An exciting job with space for initiative and creativity within a strongly committed team.
- An organisation in development where you will make an impact.
- Great professional colleagues with multiple backgrounds.
- Possibility to work from home and time flexible.
- A part-time position 32 h/w with possibility of full-time.
Salary in accordance with Mission East scale, position 20, with pension and health insurance.
If you have any question about the position, you are welcome to contact Betina Gollander-Jensen, Secretary General (firstname.lastname@example.org, +45 22132879).
First interview is planned on Wednesday 25 October, and second interview on Friday 27 October in the morning. The candidates invited to the second interview are expected to fulfil an assignment.
Start day: 1 December or as soon as possible.
Evaluation Consultant for Tajikistan project: Standing Together
Mission East in Tajikistan is looking for qualified specialist for final evaluation of Tajikistan EU Funded Project “Standing Together: Supporting CSOs to improve rights and services for children and people with disabilities in Tajikistan”.
Mission East is an international relief and development organisation working in crisis-affected countries in the former Soviet Union, the Middle East, Asia and Africa. We deliver emergency relief during disasters as well as long-term development assistance.
Since the end of the civil war in 1997, Mission East has helped thousands of people in Tajikistan’s rural communities with clean water and latrines, livelihoods training and help to better prepare for disasters. We have also promoted the rights and inclusion of vulnerable groups such as people living with disabilities.
You will evaluate:
- If the intervention is doing the right things
- How well the intervention does fit
- If the intervention does achieve its objectives
- How well the resources are being used
- The difference the intervention does make
- If the benefits will last
The scope of desk, field and interview work is evaluated to 19 days and should be completed by 15 November 2023 with a submission of draft report 30 November 2023. The final report should be submitted to Mission East by 15 Dec 2023.
We expect you to have the following qualifications and experience:
- Former experience in conducting project or programme reviews or evaluations, preferably including effectiveness and impact in the development cooperation field.
- Good knowledge and understanding on state Social Protection Sector programs implemented in the country, especially on the Disability & Inclusion related programs.
- Good knowledge on adopted Social Protection legislation in the country, national strategies, mid-term development plans and on primary linkages of the social protection policies to strengthening social cohesion, human development, and livelihoods with focus on disability and inclusion.
- Experience of conducting evaluations addressing the rights of Persons with Disabilities is desirable.
- Analytical skills and capability to summarize and focus on the larger picture.
- Familiarity with development cooperation principles and work by NGOs and local CSOs.
- Expertise on Human rights-based approach and children’s rights.
- Fluency in English
- Knowledge of Russian or Tajik Language is an asset.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
Mission East Tajikistan will assist with local travel and accommodation arrangements and possible visa arrangements. Travel and accommodation costs will be reimbursed by Mission East against invoices and are not to be included in the financial offer for the consultancy. No per diems are paid.
• Individual CV and Cover Letter
• Technical Proposal that includes steps, approaches, methodologies to be used in implementation of the task.
• Financial Proposal (Please note that per-diems are not issued as part of consultancies with Mission East)
• Signed Consultant Statement Confirming Eligibility (see last part of the ToR)
• Examples of past works or links to any publications
• Recommendations from past clients.
Deadline for applications: Applications must be submitted by 10 Oct 2023 to email@example.com.
Country Representative, Ukraine
Summary of job:
Mission East is looking to hire a Country Representative provide management, oversight, strategic coordination and development of the Ukraine country programme and Mission East’s partnerships in Ukraine.
Mission East is a Danish international relief and development organization based on Christian values and with the vision of helping poor and vulnerable local communities out of crisis in Afghanistan, Armenia, Iraq, Lebanon, Myanmar, Nepal, Nigeria, North Korea, Syria, Tajikistan and Ukraine.
Beginning in March 2022, Mission East worked through Ukrainian and international partners to deliver humanitarian aid to Ukrainians affected by the fighting.
To assist with green reconstruction in Mykolaiv Oblast in 2023 and beyond, Mission East has formed a partnership with a Ukrainian and European team of architects, engineers, urban planners, circular economy experts, business capacity developer and data analysts, who work in close cooperation with Mykolaiv Oblast government, hromada authorities, and rural village representatives. The aim of the operation is to support local authorities and communities in green rebuilding efforts, targeting their recovery goals while protecting the environment and demonstrating feasibility of new approaches.
To improve partnership coordination and project management, Mission East is establishing a country office in Mykolaiv. Initially the office will be run by a Country Representative. Additional staff is expected to be added at a later stage.
The ideal candidate will have a track record of working as a senior manager in the NGO sector, and will bring substantial recent and relevant experience working with an (I)NGO, international organisation or similar on matters related to emergency and recovery activities, with demonstrable field experience in development or humanitarian response. You will also bring:
- a strong track record in project management, including experience of writing proposals, implementing activities, and monitoring and evaluation of projects.
- Experience managing project budgets and spending plans.
- Relevant experience in donor relationship management and reporting.
- Strong English communication skills (written and verbal). Ukrainian and English language skills are required.
You will have:
- Excellent diplomatic skills and an ability to represent an organization in large meetings.
- Sensitivity and political savvy required to develop close relationships with government authorities from oblast, hromada, and village levels.
- Excellent computer skills in Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- An ability to work independently, highly organised and proactive.
- An ability to thrive on a variety of tasks; flexible and easy-going.
- Strong problem-solving abilities, strong logical analysis skills and a constructive attitude.
- Strong representation and presentation skills, capacity to liaise with high-level groups and actors.
- Ideally, some knowledge of engineering, construction, procurement procedures, and related businesses.
- Sympathy to Mission East’s Organisational Values.
The role will be offered as fixed term to December 2025. An initial 3 month probationary period will apply. Candidates should note that the role will be contracted locally on Ukrainian terms.
For more information about the role, you may contact Maj, our HQ Programme Manager via firstname.lastname@example.org.
•A first round interview is expected to be held during the period 12th – 16th June 2023.
•Ideally, the successful candidate will be able to start from 1st August 2023.