Mission Øst søger økonomichef, der med base i Hellerup får ansvar for ledelse, udvikling og direkte styring af organisationens regnskabsføring, administration og overholdelse af standarder.
Det drejer sig om en fuldtidsstilling. Ansøgningsfrist er søndag den 18. april kl. 23.59.
Her følger jobopslaget på engelsk:
Mission East is looking for an Economy Director
If you want to be at the forefront of the overview and development of financial management in an ambitious Danish NGO, then we are looking for an astute and dynamic Economy, Administration and Compliance Director in a newly created position. You will join an innovative and forward-looking organization that is investing in additional internal capacity, gearing-up our business processes and systems and sharpening the definition of roles within our HQ team. All this as we look to further grow and develop our humanitarian programs.
This is a position where you have the opportunity to make your own mark and where you are responsible for the overall strategic and qualitative development of the organization's finances, administration and compliance. Leading a team of 6, the role is an exciting opportunity which combines hands-on practical operational tasks with strategic oversight and office leadership.
About the role:
You will be responsible for the leadership, strategic development and hands-on management of Mission East’s organisational accounting, administration and compliance areas and will include:
- Organisational budgets, financial and management accounting and reporting; risk, cashflow and equity management.
- Preparation of annual accounts and organisational audit delivery and reporting.
- Danish-related legal and compliance matters, including in aspects of financial compliance, GDPR, Health and Safety and employment.
- Day to day operational leadership of Mission East’s Copenhagen Headquarters office
With a focus and responsibility for the continued development of efficient and effective systems and processes, the role will report directly to the Secretary General and be part of the management team together with colleagues from Denmark, Belgium and Germany.
You will be responsible for leading the finance team with colleagues in both Copenhagen and Brussels, as well as interacting with our country offices. You will work closely with the program office in Brussels, where the finances of projects is managed and with our sister organisation Mission East Deutschland.
You can read more in the full job description, available via our website at: https://missioneast.org/apply
With professional competence in both spoken and written Danish and English, we expect you to have documented experience with accounting and project finances and strong understanding of Danish compliance requirements, including that you have:
- 5+ years of documented experience and proven track record in accounting and financial management at a senior management level
- demonstrable experience with project finance.
- a professional accounting qualification and a higher Education qualification in accounting and finance management or business management
- Experience of Danish accounting and financial practice, ideally from within the not for profit sector
- A strong understanding of Danish compliance requirements.
- Experience in reporting to a public authority; experience reporting to Danish institutional donors would be preferred.
- Experience in office management and leadership
- Advanced skills with MS Excel, proficiency with other MS applications
- Sympathy with Mission East’s organisational values.
About our Terms
- A place in the management team and reporting directly to the Secretary General.
- A full-time, permanent position with a pleasant and welcoming workplace in Hellerup.
- The opportunity to make your mark in an ambitious organization with great impetus based on Christian values.
- You can look forward to a limited number of travel days to our Brussels-based programmes office, and potentially to our field office locations.
- We are a flexible workplace with good working conditions. Salary is competitive, in accordance with our HQ salary scales.
To find out more
If you want to know more about the position, you are welcome to contact Secretary General Betina Gollander-Jensen, firstname.lastname@example.org
- To apply for this position and to see a full job description and selection criteria please visit https://missioneast.org/apply , where you will be able to complete an application form.
- As well as completing the online form, please submit your letter of application in Danish, and CV in English.
- The deadline for applications is 18th April 2021.
- Interviews will take place in weeks 16 and 17 and we hope to fill the position as quickly as possible.